Ngorongoro and Tarangire make the best combinations for the safari of the northern circuit of Tanzania for the travellers with the low budget and short duration of stay. Ngorongoro Crater is the unique landscape with variety of animals living together in the biggest caldera in the world.
Day 1: Pick up early in the morning from airport/your hotel in Arusha and drive 120km to Tarangire National Park. It’s the greatest concentration of wildlife outside the Serengeti ecosystem. The swamps, tinged green year-round, are the focus for 550 bird varieties, the most breeding species in one habitat anywhere in the world. After lunch continue with afternoon game viewing in the park, a home to lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos, pythons, zebras, impalas and more.
Dinner and overnight.
Accommodation option for camping: Simba Campsite or Rest House Fanaka/Fig Tree Lodge.
- Camping safari means sleeping in the tents on a public campsite inside the national parks. Campsite have dinning area, big space for tents, shared washroom with 2 shower cabins and 3 toilet cabins. Operators provide tents, mattresses and sleeping bags. Perfect for those who want to experience the wild adventure on a budget.
- Rest houses are hostels in the parks that are perfect for those who want more privacy and to relax on a budget. Rest houses have rooms with private bathrooms and pool areas.
Day 2: After breakfast, packing the stuff and head to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, which is about 1h drive. Going down to the 610m deep crater, enjoying the view points of the crater and start the game drive. Ngorongoro is the biggest world’s unbroken caldera that is home to many wild animals, including the famous Big5. Also, the crater is listed as one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Africa. After morning gave drive, you will make a break for lunch by hippo pool and continue for a game drive until the time of depart to Arusha. In Arusha you will be back around 7pm.
- Pick up from airport/hotel and back
- 4x4 safari vehicle
- Game drive fees
- Professional driver/guide
- National park fees
- Conservation are fees
- All meals
- Accommodation at the campsite or rest houses
- Accommodation in Arusha (can be arranged at additional cost)
- International flights, visas
- Individual expenses
Duration: 2 days